The eDragonfly Power-Assist Handcycle converts your manual wheelchair into an arm-powered and electric motor assist piece of equipment. You can manually ‘pedal’ your hands to generate a terrific upper body workout, or switch to electric assist mode if you get tired and need to rest. Let the compact hub motor do the hard work while you steer. It goes twice the speed of an electric wheelchair!
The EDragonfly is perfect for trips to the park, for climbing hills, and driving over grass with ease. Navigate sidewalks with ease with the large front tire that provides stability and a tight turning radius.
When you need a break, the eDragonfly's electric motor will kick in to give you that extra boost of power. The eDragonfly turns your wheelchair into an exercise machine, allowing a cardio and upper body strengthening workout.
The 250W brushless electric motor and belt drive gives smooth and quiet power. The secondary disc brake means braking with confidence. The lightweight lithium battery is easily removable. It has much longer life that lead-acid batteries.
Your speed and distance are displayed, and there are five power assist levels to choose from on the fly. The display is easy to read and navigate, showing speed, your current distance driven and much more! All the controls are within easy reach:
- Quadrapalegic Friendly thumb throttles
- 5 power levels selected through the display
- speedometer and odometer
- battery level indicator
- reverse thumb throttle
- two brake handles with parking brake capability
The EDragonfly is very easy to assemble and install. Attaches easily with quick-release ball and socket “quick dock”, on and off in 4 steps. The patent-pending design ensures easy on and off of your everyday chair. The handcycle uses standard bicycle components, making maintenance and service easy.
Designed to fit most folding / rigid, adult and pediatric chairs. Frame comes apart without tools for transport and storage and the frame easily separates into 2 pieces for easy transport. The entire unit collapses surprisingly small.
The eDragonfly is both a power assist and an attachable handcycle in one. It is the most affordable way to add a power assist and handcycle to your everyday chair. Rio Mobility's unique "Quick Dock" attachment system easily transforms your chair into a handcycle and back again by connecting and disconnecting four latches. Their patent pending design ensures easy on and off of your everyday chair. With the added boost of an electric motor, you can go as far as ~20 miles on one charge!
- Motor: 250W geared brushless hub motor
- Battery: Lithium ion 36V, 6.6AH, 238 Wh
- Battery Range: ~20 miles
- Charger: 36V, 2A, input; voltage 100~240V
- Charging Time: ~4 hours when battery fully discharged
- 7 speed derailleur
- 11-28T cassette
- 33T chain ring
- Index shifter
- Tire 12.5″ X 1.5″ (40-203)
- 140mm disc brake and
- Promax V-brake
- Frame Aluminum 6061
- Light LED
- Attachment Frame Weight: 5.2 lbs / 2.6 kg
- Drive Unit Weight: 17.3 lbs / 7.9 kg
- Battery Weight: 4 lbs / 2.0 kg
- Total Weight: 30 lbs / 14 kg
- Maximum Weight: 280 lbs / 127 kg combined user and wheelchair
- Shipping Dimensions: 36” x 9” x 13” / 93cm x 22cm x 32cm
- Shipping Weight: 34.0 lbs / 15.5 kg
- Battery Guidelines Click Here
All specifications, prices, and product configurations are subject to change without notification. Accessories and seating products shown in the photographs are not necessarily included in the base price of the handcycle.
Check out the Rio Fit Guide by clicking here.
Chat or call us and we can do a quick compatibility check for you to make sure this handcycle will be compatible with your chair.
Below are manual wheelchairs that are known to work with the Dragonfly, organized by brand. 1" (25.4mm) clamps come standard with your order, but other sizes require additional clamps.
- Invacare Wheelchairs: A4, A4 Titanium Adjustable, ProSpin X4, Top End Crossfire All Terrain
- Top End Wheelchairs: Top End Crossfire T6, Top End Crossfire T6A, Top End Crossfire Titanium, Top End Transformer, Xtra
- Quickie Wheelchairs: Quickie 2, Quickie 2 Lite, Quickie 2HP, Quickie GP - SA, Quickie GP/GPV, Quickie GPS, Quickie GPS Titanium, Quickie GPV Competition, Quickie GT, Quickie GTi, Quickie GTX-FF, Quickie XTR, Quickie Triumph, Quickie TNT, Quickie Titanium, Quickie ST/D
- Nissin: Actifold, Verve, Fusion
- Kuschall: Air Lite Pro, Air Lite Pro II (K-Junior), Champion, Fusion, K Junior, R33, Ultra-Light
- Colours: Avenger, Challenger, Chump, Eclipse, Hammer, Krypto, Little Dipper, Razorblade, Spazz, Spazz G, Swoosh, Tremor, Zephy
- Quantum: Lifestream XF
- Ki Mobility:Catalyst 4, Catalyst 4C, Catalyst 5, Catalyst 5ti, Catalyst 5vx
- TiLite: 2GX, Aero R, Aero X, Aero Z, BB, Tr / TRC, TX, X / XC, YG, YR, ZR, ZRa
As A General Rule, Our Device Fits Any Rigid Frame Wheelchair, Or Wheelchairs Without Moveable Footrests. For chairs with moveable footrests, all of our devices require about 1.25″ of clearance on the tubing, above the area where the footrests would attach to.
In Terms Of Seat Width, Our Devices Can Accommodate Chairs That Are 35.5 To 55.8 Cm / 14 To 22 Inches.
Tube diameters these devices currently support:
- 22.2 mm or 7/8 inch
- 25.4 mm or 1 inch
- 28.6 mm or 1.125 inch
- 30.5 mm or 1.2 inch
- 31.8 mm or 1.25 inch
Free Shipping! Most in-stock items ordered by 2PM Eastern Time ship within 1-2 days! Tracking information is provided upon shipment. Learn more about our Shipping Policy.
- All cycles over $500 will be shipped using the signature required option which will guarantee the product must be signed for and it will NOT be left at the delivery address if the recipient is not available to sign for it.
- By placing your order with Journeybikes.com for a cycle over $500 you agree to have the cycle shipped with the signature required at time of delivery.
- It is the customer's responsibility to be present at the time of delivery. JourneyBikes.com is not responsible for packages that have been left at the recipient’s door and consequently lost and/or stolen. We will file a lost claim with the carrier, however, if they deny that claim we will not be able to make any reimbursements.
The below video compresses the installation process to 7.5 minutes. When you install the device for the first time, it should take 1-2 hours, after which attachment can be done in 5 minutes or less.
1 Year Limited Warranty. Learn more about the Warranty Policy.
30 Day Refund Policy. Refunds will be given after product is returned in original condition and within the 30 day window from time of receipt. No refunds are permitted after 30 days from delivery receipt. If you have questions about this item please feel free to give us a call. You can also visit our Return Policy page.