The Invacare Top End Excelerator XLT Custom Handcycle is super stable and adjustable. The Invacare Top End XLT Handcycle is capable of speeds up to 20 mph and features a tall, narrow back for maximum range of motion and increased power transfer. Ergonomic handles, full chain guard and safety flag come standard.
The Invacare® Top End® XLT Handcycle is designed with the recreational handcycling enthusiast in mind. Equipped with seven speeds, the XLT handcycle will easily handle most terrain, whether it's riding around town or taking a spin in the country. The lightweight, oval tube aluminum XLT frame with chrome-moly steel fork features simple geometry for maximum stiffness and easy cornering. The seat and back are totally adjustable for a comfortable fit. The narrow rear-end enhances aerodynamics and the 15° of camber increases stability. If you want a great way to exercise, cross-train or just have fun, choose the XLT handcycle.
If you want a specific seat width or color, our custom XLT Handcycle can be built to your specifications. Creating a perfect, custom fit chair requires a few more days of production, but it is worth it for those looking for a streamlined fit.
Handcycling is a great way to have fun, get fit and stay active so you can enjoy life to the fullest – so get cranking. Stable, maneuverable, the XLT Handcycle can go up to 20 mph. The smooth Shimano® shifter lets you tackle hills or level terrain with equal ease. The 7-speed Shimano® hub with reverse braking means your hands never have to leave the pedals. The QuadGrips or tri-pin quad hand pedals are popular options and the mountain drive transmission option is great if you have low endurance or steep terrain to climb.
Standard safety features include: reflectors, full chain guard, footrest safety straps, safety flag, cushion and seat restraint.
Have questions? Check out the FAQs page for answers to most questions including a measurement guide.
- 2.5" x .065 ovalized 6061 aluminum aircraft tubing
- Adjustable seat: forwards and backwards
- Turning Radius - 18 feet for 360° circle, 12 feet w/one backing maneuver
- Fork Assembly - 4130 Chrome-moly for strength/stiffness. Raked angle for cornering stability
- Transfer Seat Height - Seat height Front 13", Seat Height Rear 9" w/ 2" cushion
- Adjustable seat and back angle
- Road crown compensator
- Nylon upholstery
- Adjustable crank height
- Chain tension idler
- Full length, shock resistant composite material chain guard (except w/Mountain Drive), reflectors and safety flag. With Mountain Drive, a half-moon shaped black composite chainguard is used.
- Adjustable length footrest system w/safety straps (4.5" width)
- Shimano® 7 speed hub with reversing drum brake
- Parking brake
- 175 mm length x 12" width crankset with one 38 tooth chainring
- Ovalized ergonomic hand pedals 1-3/4" (upgrade options available)
- 26" (571) High-Performance Wheels include 26" x 1" High-Performance Clincher Tire/Tube 100 psi
- 72" wheelbase axle to axle
- Quick release axles
- 15° camber
- Road crown compensator
- Hook and loop positioning strap
- Product Weight: 35 lbs / Shipping Weight: 50 lbs.
- Shipped factory assembled except for rear wheels and add-on options or accessories which will require self-installation.
- Weight Capacity: 250 lb.
- Product Brochure
- Spec Sheet
- Owner's Manual
- UPGRADE OPTIONS & ACCESSORIES PHOTOS
All specifications, prices, and product configurations are subject to change without notification. Accessories and seating products shown in the photographs are not necessarily included in the base price of handcycle.
Measuring for a recreation handcycle is super easy because it is so adjustable.
Seat width: If you use a wheelchair for mobility, simply measure the seat width and order the same width for your handcycle. All of our handcycles all come with seat cushions that match the width of the seat.
CLICK HERE TO ENLARGE MEASURING GUIDE DIAGRAM.
Measure from the most posterior point of the body to the inside of the knee, minus at least two inches. Optimal contact between the legs and the seat increases stability for the body.
Measured from the seat base to the top of the chair back. Sport users need enough height for upper body support, yet low enough to allow the arms and trunk to rotate freely.
Rear Seat to Floor3
Measurement from the ground to the rear seat edge. Relative to the front seat-to-floor dimension, this determines the rearward slope ("dump" or "squeeze") of the seat. Sport chairs usually have more dump for extra upper body stability.
Determines how far the toes extend away from the body, measured from the horizontal. Sport users often use very tight angles to be able to rotate in the smallest possible space.
Front Seat to Floor5
Measure the leg from the back of the knee to the sole of the foot. Then subtract the thickness of the cushion when it is compressed. Next, add a minimum of two inches for footrest clearance. Do not add the footrest clearance if the chair will be foot-propelled.
Angle of the wheel relative to the vertical. More camber improves stability and agility, but also limits ability to pass through narrow spaces. A typical sport chair uses nine to twelve degrees of camber.
Determined by the widest point of the body from knee to hip, plus an inch to ensure room to move. Sport chairs are typically as narrow as possible to save weight which improves agility.
Measure from the inside of each leg rest tubing the distance or desired distance between leg rests.
Measure the angle of the back post to the floor. Ninety degrees will be perpendicular to the floor, to approximate the angle from the back post to the seat, subtract two degrees from measurement for every .5" of dump.
Center of Gravity10
Measure from the front of the seat back post to the center of the rear axle.
Seat to Footrest Length11
Measure from the edge of the seat upholstery to the top rear of the footrest.
Free Shipping! Most in-stock items ordered by 2PM Eastern Time ship within 2 weeks! Tracking information is provided upon shipment. Learn more about our Shipping Policy.
Handcycles: Handcycle shipment times vary significantly by product. Custom Invacare handcycles take approximately 3-5 weeks for delivery. Most Fast Ship handcycles can be delivered within 2 weeks. All Fast Ship Handcycles are labeled as Fast Ship.
- All cycles over $500 will be shipped using the signature required option which will guarantee the product must be signed for and it will NOT be left at the delivery address if the recipient is not available to sign for it.
- By placing your order with Journeybikes.com for a cycle over $500 you agree to have the cycle shipped with the signature required at time of delivery.
- It is the customer's responsibility to be present at the time of delivery. JourneyBikes.com is not responsible for packages that have been left at the recipient’s door and consequently lost and/or stolen. We will file a lost claim with the carrier, however if they deny that claim we will not be able to make any reimbursements.
Shipped factory assembled except for rear wheels and add-on options or accessories. All Add-on options and accessories may be boxed separately and require self-installation. Additionally, all add-on options may be shipped separately.
V-Crank Assembly instructions found here (URL is case sensitive):
3 Year Limited Warranty
Learn more about the Warranty Policy.
This item is custom-made by the manufacturer to suit your specific needs and is therefore non-returnable. If you have questions about this item please feel free to give us a call. You can also visit our Return Policy page.