The Invacare® Top End® Force™-3 Handcycle is a great handcycle at a great price. The newest addition to the Force series, offering 30 speeds, Shimano® components, a reclining backrest and super controlled one-handed braking all in a sleek, modern, flat, stealth black finish. The Force-3 combines features from Force-2, Force G and Force CC. Perfect whether you are just looking to get started in handcycling or ready to "force the pace" at your next competition.
The Force-3 has a wrap-around frame that is sleek and stiff with 7" ground clearance (9" transfer seat height with the 2" cushion) making it easier for transferring in and out of the handcycle. The Force-3 is available in a 17" seat width (and comes w/cushion bolsters that create padding to make the seat width 15”) and has a 60" wheelbase.
Comes with a reclining backrest option and the the straight back measures 22.5" tall and has an angle adjustable straight back of 35-70 degrees. The 26-559 wheel size offers many tire options ranging from high-performance road tires to cruiser clinchers to knobby tires, the Force-3 Handcycle is perfect for handcycling, riding cross-country and competing.
Standard safety features include: drafting bumper, full chain guard, footrest safety straps, safety flag, cushion and seat restraint. Assembly instructions are easy to follow.
Have questions? Check out the FAQs page for answers to most questions including a measurement guide.
- Ovalized 7000 series aluminum
- Wrap-around ovalized lower frame with adjustable tension seat upholstery and adjustable backrest
- Removable Fork: 7000 series aluminum with adjustable crank housing
- 60" Standard, Overall Length is 84"
- Turning Radius - 18 feet for 360° circle, 12 feet w/one backing maneuver
- Static Tip Angle: 39° for 250 lb. subject
- Transfer Seat Height - 9" with 2" cushion
- Reclining back for added comfort. Angle adjustable straight back 35-70 degrees. The straight back measures 22.5" tall.
- Includes cushion bolsters that create padding to make the seat width 15”
- 5.5" footrest width
- Ground Clearance – 7”
- Black nylon upholstery with 2” seat and back cushion standard
- Adjustable crank height both vertical and diagonal
- Shimano components 30 speeds, 48-36-26 chain rings and 11/36 cassette operated by Hands-On Rapid Fire unit are standard.
- Full chain guard, reflectors and safety flag
- Adjustable height/angle footrest system w/safety straps
- Caliper locking parking brake with lever mounted on the right handpedal. Includes a locking lever to be used as the parking brake
- Traditional crank-style Shimano 170mm long x 12 1/4" wide crankset is standard
- Ovalized ergonomic hand pedals (upgrade options available)
- Pivot steering and raked fork for controlled turning and stability
- 26-559 x 1.25" High-Performance Clincher Cruiser Tire/Tube 100 psi
- Quick release axles
- 1° camber
- Hook and loop positioning strap
- Product Weight: 43 lbs / Shipping Weight: 55 lbs.
- If unassembled is selected the bike will require about 60 minutes of assembly upon delivery (instructions provided). If Assembled is selected, the bike will be fully assembled upon delivery. All add-on options and accessories are boxed separately and require self installation.
- Weight Capacity: 250 lb.
- Product Brochure
- Spec Sheet
- Force 3 Assembly Instructions
- Owner's Manual
- UPGRADE OPTIONS & ACCESSORIES PHOTOS
All specifications, prices, and product configurations are subject to change without notification. Accessories and seating products shown in the photographs are not necessarily included in the base price of handcycle.
Measuring for a recreation hand cycle is super easy because it is so adjustable. Seat width: If you use a wheelchair for mobility, simply measure the seat width and order the same width for your handcycle. All of our handcycles all come with seat cushions that match the width of the seat.
CLICK HERE TO ENLARGE MEASURING GUIDE DIAGRAM.
Measure from the most posterior point of the body to the inside of the knee, minus at least two inches. Optimal contact between the legs and the seat increases stability for the body.
Measured from the seat base to the top of the chair back. Sport users need enough height for upper body support, yet low enough to allow the arms and trunk to rotate freely.
Rear Seat to Floor3
Measurement from the ground to the rear seat edge. Relative to the front seat-to-floor dimension, this determines the rearward slope ("dump" or "squeeze") of the seat. Sport chairs usually have more dump for extra upper body stability.
Determines how far the toes extend away from the body, measured from the horizontal. Sport users often use very tight angles to be able to rotate in the smallest possible space.
Front Seat to Floor5
Measure the leg from the back of the knee to the sole of the foot. Then subtract the thickness of the cushion when it is compressed. Next, add a minimum of two inches for footrest clearance. Do not add the footrest clearance if the chair will be foot-propelled.
Angle of the wheel relative to the vertical. More camber improves stability and agility, but also limits ability to pass through narrow spaces. A typical sport chair uses nine to twelve degrees of camber.
Determined by the widest point of the body from knee to hip, plus an inch to ensure room to move. Sport chairs are typically as narrow as possible to save weight which improves agility.
Measure from the inside of each leg rest tubing the distance or desired distance between leg rests.
Measure the angle of the back post to the floor. Ninety degrees will be perpendicular to the floor, to approximate the angle from the back post to the seat, subtract two degrees from measurement for every .5" of dump.
Center of Gravity10
Measure from the front of the seat back post to the center of the rear axle.
Seat to Footrest Length11
Measure from the edge of the seat upholstery to the top rear of the footrest.
Free Shipping! Most in-stock items ordered by 2PM Eastern Time ship within 2 weeks! Tracking information is provided upon shipment. Learn more about our Shipping Policy.
Handcycles: Handcycle shipment times vary significantly by product. Custom Invacare handcycles take approximately 3-5 weeks for delivery. Most Fast Ship handcycles can be delivered within 2 weeks. All Fast Ship Handcycles are labeled as Fast Ship.
- All cycles over $500 will be shipped using the signature required option which will guarantee the product must be signed for and it will NOT be left at the delivery address if the recipient is not available to sign for it.
- By placing your order with Journeybikes.com for a cycle over $500 you agree to have the cycle shipped with the signature required at time of delivery.
- It is the customer's responsibility to be present at the time of delivery. JourneyBikes.com is not responsible for packages that have been left at the recipient’s door and consequently lost and/or stolen. We will file a lost claim with the carrier, however if they deny that claim we will not be able to make any reimbursements.
If unassembled is selected the bike will require about 60-90 minutes of assembly upon delivery (instructions provided). If Assembled is selected, the bike will be fully assembled upon delivery (only requiring rear wheels to be installed). All add-on options and accessories are boxed separately and require self installation.
Here is the Customer Assembly Guide (included in the box w/each shipment).
V-Crank Assembly instructions found here (URL is case sensitive):
3 Year Limited Warranty. Learn more about the Warranty Policy.
This item is custom-made by the manufacturer to suit your specific needs and is therefore non-returnable. If you have questions about this item please feel free to give us a call. You can also visit our Return Policy page.