The Invacare® Top End® Force™-G Handcycle is a great handcycle at a great price. The Invacare Top End Force G Handcycle provides an adjustable, trunk-powered sitting position for competitors who can use abdominal, arm, shoulder and chest muscles. Great for tough competitors ready to force the pace and athletes that have a low paraplegia, amputees and other competitors.
The Force-G has an adjustable seat length, back angle, footrests and crank housing. Also includes a parking brake, chain guard and safety flag for added peace-of-mind. The Force-G is equipped with a 27 speed drive chain with hands-on shifter and brake, an ergonomic, aluminum hand pedal, and 26" high-performance wheels.
The Top End® Force™ G Handcycle features the adjustable back angle (55°-90°), back height, leg rests, crank height and fore/aft seat position that allows you to dial in your ultimate power position. It can also be considered a cross trainer and is used by athletes classified as an H4 or H5. It’s a great core workout and allows you to see the traffic a bit easier than the recline-only positioned handcycles.
Hand pedals – Hand pedal angle is 15 degrees. Hand pedals are made of lightweight aluminum and are ovalized to precisely fit the hand. The bearings which allow the pedal to rotate while pedaling are located in the crank set and not in the pedal, which makes this pedal very comfortable. Power Plates consist of flat aluminum plates welded the lower end of the pedal. Turning Radius – 18 feet for 360° circle, 12 feet w/one backing maneuver.
Have questions? Check out the FAQs page for answers to most questions including a measurement guide.
- Ovalized 6061-T6 aluminum aircraft tubing with internal skeletal
structure for increased stiffness.
- Removable Fork – Adjustable height and length. Travel-ready with adjustable cranks. Wide Lower Fork (disc brake mounts will be welded on the frame).
- Frame Design – Recumbent 3 piece centerline frame construction with welded seat and adjustable back angle.
- Wheelbase – 60" Standard, 57" available (not recommended for users taller than 5'8". Overall Length: 86"
- Turning Radius – 18 feet for 360° circle, 12 feet w/one backing maneuver.
- Static Tip Angle: 39° for 250 lb. subject
- Transfer Seat Height - 8" with 2" cushion
- Backrest – Adjustable fore and aft.
- Back Angle – Adjustable angle back of 55° - 90°.
- Upholstery – Black nylon upholstery and foam standard.
- Adjustable crank height both vertical and diagonal
- Footrest – Multi-adjustable fore and aft w/straps to securely cradle calves and feet. Straps are 4 3/4" wide and feature safety straps for ankles
- Propulsion/Shifting: 30 speeds with choice of components. When OMIT is selected, the shifter, chainring derailleur, cassette derailleur, cassette, friction shifter for brake caliper, chain and shifter cables will NOT be included. The hand pedals and fork will be made to accept trigger shifter components mounted on the right hand pedal. A hand brake lever, caliper and cables as well as a flip-lever parking brake will be included. The brand/style is determined by the braking option selected.
- Full chain guard, reflectors and safety flag
- Rim brakes with optional Disc Brake. When the front disk brake option is picked, either the High Performance or Corima Disk Brake compatible wheels must be chosen also.
- Traditional crankset - Diagonal and vertical adjust
- Hand Pedals (upgrade options available)
- Pivot steering and raked fork for controlled turning and stability
- Tires – 26” Clincher or Tubular Options Available. When an omit wheels option is selected, the following will NOT be included: Front and rear wheels, tires tubes, and axles.
- Performance wheels – Spoked wheels with threaded axles and alloy rims. 14 gauge stainless steel spokes. 26" (571) x Quick release axles
- 9° camber (standard) (3% option available)
- Safety - Drafting Bumper, Chain Guard, Safety flag and Parking brake included. Drafting bumper is required for racing and will ensure that no one follows too close.
- Product Weight: 35 lbs / Shipping Weight: 65-70 lbs.
- If Unassembled is selected the bike will require about 60 minutes of assembly upon delivery (instructions provided). If Assembled is selected, the bike will be fully assembled upon delivery. All add-on options and accessories are boxed separately and require self-installation.
- Weight Capacity: 250 lb.
- Warranty – 3 year on frame and fork to original owner/limited parts warranty.
- Product Brochure
- Spec Sheet
- Owner's Manual
- UPGRADE OPTIONS & ACCESSORIES PHOTOS
All specifications, prices, and product configurations are subject to change without notification. Accessories and seating products shown in the photographs are not necessarily included in the base price of handcycle.
ACCESSORIES & COLORS:
See colors & Accessories images here: http://www.invacare.com/images/flash/TopEndForce/index.html
Shifter Upgrade - SRAM Grip Shifter or SRAM Trigger shifter for your shifting preference.
- Tire Upgrades Available
Wheel Upgrade - Carbon and other wheel upgrade options available for lighter weight and better performance
Camber - Optional 3 degree camber (9 degree standard)
Chain Ring - Options 53-39-28 upgrade
Brakes - Upgrade to a disc brake for better stopping power
Cable kit includes one brake and one shifter cable.
Tool bag includes 22 tools in 1, a unique 3 piece design plus tire patch kit, CO2 tire inflators; tire changing tools and zippered tool bag.
- Top End T-Shirt, Jersey, Bike Helmet and Trailer Hitch* *Non-standard options noted with * will be shipped separately and charges will depend on size of options ordered. Range will be from $15 to $25, with a $25 charge for each large item such as the wheel bag, handcycle travel bag, training roller or bike rack.
Measuring for a recreation hand cycle is super easy because it is so adjustable. Seat width: If you use a wheelchair for mobility, simply measure the seat width and order the same width for your handcycle. All of our handcycles all come with seat cushions that match the width of the seat.
CLICK HERE TO ENLARGE MEASURING GUIDE DIAGRAM.
Measure from the most posterior point of the body to the inside of the knee, minus at least two inches. Optimal contact between the legs and the seat increases stability for the body.
Measured from the seat base to the top of the chair back. Sport users need enough height for upper body support, yet low enough to allow the arms and trunk to rotate freely.
Rear Seat to Floor3
Measurement from the ground to the rear seat edge. Relative to the front seat-to-floor dimension, this determines the rearward slope ("dump" or "squeeze") of the seat. Sport chairs usually have more dump for extra upper body stability.
Determines how far the toes extend away from the body, measured from the horizontal. Sport users often use very tight angles to be able to rotate in the smallest possible space.
Front Seat to Floor5
Measure the leg from the back of the knee to the sole of the foot. Then subtract the thickness of the cushion when it is compressed. Next, add a minimum of two inches for footrest clearance. Do not add the footrest clearance if the chair will be foot-propelled.
Angle of the wheel relative to the vertical. More camber improves stability and agility, but also limits ability to pass through narrow spaces. A typical sport chair uses nine to twelve degrees of camber.
Determined by the widest point of the body from knee to hip, plus an inch to ensure room to move. Sport chairs are typically as narrow as possible to save weight which improves agility.
Measure from the inside of each leg rest tubing the distance or desired distance between leg rests.
Measure the angle of the back post to the floor. Ninety degrees will be perpendicular to the floor, to approximate the angle from the back post to the seat, subtract two degrees from measurement for every .5" of dump.
Center of Gravity10
Measure from the front of the seat back post to the center of the rear axle.
Seat to Footrest Length11
Measure from the edge of the seat upholstery to the top rear of the footrest.
Free Shipping! Most in-stock items ordered by 2PM Eastern Time ship within 2 weeks! Tracking information is provided upon shipment. Learn more about our Shipping Policy.
Handcycles: Handcycle shipment times vary significantly by product. Custom Invacare handcycles take approximately 3-5 weeks for delivery. Most Fast Ship handcycles can be delivered within 2 weeks. All Fast Ship Handcycles are labeled as Fast Ship.
- All cycles over $500 will be shipped using the signature required option which will guarantee the product must be signed for and it will NOT be left at the delivery address if the recipient is not available to sign for it.
- By placing your order with Journeybikes.com for a cycle over $500 you agree to have the cycle shipped with the signature required at time of delivery.
- It is the customer's responsibility to be present at the time of delivery. JourneyBikes.com is not responsible for packages that have been left at the recipient’s door and consequently lost and/or stolen. We will file a lost claim with the carrier, however if they deny that claim we will not be able to make any reimbursements.
If unassembled is selected the bike will require about 60-90 minutes of assembly upon delivery (instructions provided). If Assembled is selected, the bike will be fully assembled upon delivery (only requiring rear wheels to be installed). All add-on options and accessories are boxed separately and require self installation.
Here is the Customer Assembly Guide (included in the box w/each shipment).
3 Year Limited Warranty. Learn more about the Warranty Policy.
This item is custom-made by the manufacturer to suit your specific needs and is therefore non-returnable. If you have questions about this item please feel free to give us a call. You can also visit our Return Policy page.