The Top End Force RX Handcycle is the most competitive handcycle in the Force Series. The 7005 aluminum heat-treated frame is ultra-light and super stiff for the ultimate custom aerodynamic ride. The Top End® Force™ RX Handcycle includes a SRAM® GX 30 speed drivetrain or you can upgrade to top-of-the-line SRAM® eTap Wireless Electronic shifting, Shimano® Di2 Electronic shifting or Apex fork-mounted shifting components.
The Force RX Handcycle is designed to deliver speed in a lightweight aerodynamic package.
The 7005 aluminum heat-treated frame is fabricated with slick one-piece side frames, plus the adjustable featherweight carbon fiber back is ultra-light and super stiff.
The 26" high-performance wheels with high-pressure clincher tires include threaded axles, drafting bumper, parking brake, and cushion for seat and back.
Have questions? Check out the FAQs page for answers to most questions including a measurement guide. Note: if you're interested in a custom / competitive / or racing style handcycle you may need to take more specific measurements. Reference the images for this product for a measurement guide.
- 7005 aluminum custom welded frame
- 7005 aluminum aerodynamic tapered front fork
- Wrap-around ovalized lower aerodynamic frame with adjustable carbon fiber back.
- Seat and back mesh upholstery cushions
- Wheelbase – 60" (standard) or 62" (extended) for 26" wheels OR 61" (standard) or 63" (extended) for 700C wheels
- Turning Radius – 18 feet for 360° circle, 12 feet on a 3-point turn
- Transfer Seat Height - 5" from ground w/2" cushion
- Carbon Fiber back, adjustable angle from 50 to 70
- Adjustable or fixed height crank housing
- Tapered crank arms w/ frictionless pedal bearings
- Multi-position adjustable footrest system w/safety straps in 2 width choices
- Propulsion/Shifting: With a standard configuration the Force RX
is 30 speeds and with eTap the bike is 22 speeds. When OMIT is selected, the shifter, chainring derailleur, cassette derailleur, cassette, friction shifter for brake caliper, chain and shifter cables will NOT be included. The handpedals and fork will be made to accept trigger shifter components mounted on the right-hand pedal. A hand brake lever, caliper, and cables, as well as a flip-lever parking brake, will be included. The brand/style is determined by the braking option selected.
- Chainrings: Triple 48-36-26, Double 48-34 or Double 50-36 options
- Cassettes: SRAM® 11-36
- Tektro® Caliper Brakes (Torq Lite and Disk brake upgrade options available)
- Fork mounted flip lever locking parking brake
- Steering dampener
- Ovalized aluminum ergonomic hand pedals offered in 3 sizes; 15 or 25 degrees (upgrade options available)
- Wheels – 26” or 700c Options Available. When an omit wheels option is selected, the following will NOT be included: Front and rear wheels, tires tubes, and axles
- Tires – High-performance tires available
0° or 3° camber options available
- Safety - Drafting Bumper, Chainguard, Reflectors Safety flag and Parking brake included. Drafting bumper is required for racing and will ensure that no one follows too close.
- If unassembled is selected the bike will require about 60 minutes of assembly upon delivery (instructions provided). If Assembled is selected, the bike will be fully assembled upon delivery. All add-on options and accessories are boxed separately and require self-installation.
- Weight Capacity: 250 lb.
- Warranty – 3 years on frame and fork to original owner/limited parts warranty.
- Product Brochure
- Spec Sheet
- Owner's Manual
- UPGRADE OPTIONS & ACCESSORIES PHOTOS
All specifications, prices, and product configurations are subject to change without notification. Accessories and seating products shown in the photographs are not necessarily included in the base price of handcycle.
ACCESSORIES & COLORS:
See colors & Accessories images here
Shifter Upgrade - SRAM Grip Shifter, SRAM Trigger shifter or SRAM eTAP Electronic for your shifting preference.
- SRAM GX Trigger Shifting Package (SRAM GX Shifter & Derailleur, Avid Brake Lever, Cable Driven Derailleur, 11-36 Cassette) *Shifter & brake mounted on right pedal only
- SRAM GS/GX Grip/Twist Shifting Package (SRAM GS Shifter & Derailleur, Avid Brake Lever, Cable Driven Derailleur, 11-36 Cassette) *Shifter & brake on right pedal, left pedal Mount available as a special.
- SRAM Apex Road Shifting Package (SRAM Apex Shifter, SRAM GX Derailleur, Brake Lever Integrated into shifter, Cable Driven Derailleur, 11-36 Cassette) *Shifter & brake mounted on right side of fork only.
- SRAM eTap Electronic Shifting Package (eTap Clic Shifter, SRAM Red eTap cassette Derailleur, SRAM Time Trial Brake Lever, SRAM Red eTap chainring Derailleur, 11-36 Cassette) *Shifter on left pedal & brake on right pedal. Not available with Triple chainring option, Power plate upgrade required.
Wheel Upgrade - Carbon and other wheel upgrade options available for lighter weight and better performance
Camber - Optional 0° or 3°
Chain Ring - Triple 48-36-26. Or Double 50-36 tooth or Double 48-34 tooth options
Tool bag includes 22 tools in 1, a unique 3 piece design plus tire patch kit, CO2 tire inflators; tire changing tools and zippered tool bag.
- Top End T-Shirt, Jersey, Bike Helmet and Trailer Hitch* *Non-standard options noted with * will be shipped separately and charges will depend on size of options ordered. Range will be from $15 to $25, with a $25 charge for each large item such as the wheel bag, handcycle travel bag, training roller or bike rack.
Measuring for a recreation handcycle is super easy because it is so adjustable. Seat width: If you use a wheelchair for mobility, simply measure the seat width and order the same width for your handcycle. All of our handcycles all come with seat cushions that match the width of the seat.
When measuring for a customized / competitive / racing style handcycle, more specific measurements need to be taken. Please review the measurement diagrams in this product's images for guidance or contact us for help!
CLICK HERE TO ENLARGE MEASURING GUIDE DIAGRAM.
Measure from the most posterior point of the body to the inside of the knee, minus at least two inches. Optimal contact between the legs and the seat increases stability for the body.
Measured from the seat base to the top of the chair back. Sport users need enough height for upper body support, yet low enough to allow the arms and trunk to rotate freely.
Rear Seat to Floor3
Measurement from the ground to the rear seat edge. Relative to the front seat-to-floor dimension, this determines the rearward slope ("dump" or "squeeze") of the seat. Sport chairs usually have more dump for extra upper body stability.
Determines how far the toes extend away from the body, measured from the horizontal. Sport users often use very tight angles to be able to rotate in the smallest possible space.
Front Seat to Floor5
Measure the leg from the back of the knee to the sole of the foot. Then subtract the thickness of the cushion when it is compressed. Next, add a minimum of two inches for footrest clearance. Do not add the footrest clearance if the chair will be foot-propelled.
Angle of the wheel relative to the vertical. More camber improves stability and agility, but also limits ability to pass through narrow spaces. A typical sport chair uses nine to twelve degrees of camber.
Determined by the widest point of the body from knee to hip, plus an inch to ensure room to move. Sport chairs are typically as narrow as possible to save weight which improves agility.
Measure from the inside of each leg rest tubing the distance or desired distance between leg rests.
Measure the angle of the back post to the floor. Ninety degrees will be perpendicular to the floor, to approximate the angle from the back post to the seat, subtract two degrees from measurement for every .5" of dump.
Center of Gravity10
Measure from the front of the seat back post to the center of the rear axle.
Seat to Footrest Length11
Measure from the edge of the seat upholstery to the top rear of the footrest.
Free Shipping! Most in-stock items ordered by 2PM Eastern Time ship within 2 weeks! Tracking information is provided upon shipment. Learn more about our Shipping Policy.
Handcycles: Handcycle shipment times vary significantly by product. Custom Invacare handcycles take approximately 3-5 weeks for delivery. Most Fast Ship handcycles can be delivered within 2 weeks. All Fast Ship Handcycles are labeled as Fast Ship.
- All cycles over $500 will be shipped using the signature required option which will guarantee the product must be signed for and it will NOT be left at the delivery address if the recipient is not available to sign for it.
- By placing your order with Journeybikes.com for a cycle over $500 you agree to have the cycle shipped with the signature required at time of delivery.
- It is the customer's responsibility to be present at the time of delivery. JourneyBikes.com is not responsible for packages that have been left at the recipient’s door and consequently lost and/or stolen. We will file a lost claim with the carrier, however if they deny that claim we will not be able to make any reimbursements.
If unassembled is selected the bike will require about 60-90 minutes of assembly upon delivery (instructions provided). If Assembled is selected, the bike will be fully assembled upon delivery (only requiring rear wheels to be installed). All add-on options and accessories are boxed separately and require self installation.
Here is the Customer Assembly Guide (included in the box w/each shipment).
3 Year Limited Warranty. Learn more about the Warranty Policy.
This item is custom-made by the manufacturer to suit your specific needs and is therefore non-returnable. If you have questions about this item please feel free to give us a call. You can also visit our Return Policy page.