Available for pre-order. ETA is early-June.
The Ride1UP 500w Series Electric City Bike is designed to be an everyday long-distance rider and has a very upright and comfortable riding position. Due to the drop in the frame, it fits a wide range of rider sizes.
The 500 Series Black Edition, with integrated twist throttle and rubber grips; and Gold Edition with thumb throttle and faux leather grips. One of the most popular eBikes available in 2019; an all-surface performing lightweight and uniquely agile bike designed for comfortable touring over long-distances. We’ve made improvements to the tires, display, and gearing, to solidify the 500 series as the best all-around value performer of 2020.
Excellent comfort and range, simple and sleek.
Front suspension. Also included Integrated headlight run off main battery, controlled by display. Battery is removable.
The 500 series uses a generic Reention Dorado battery integration system. This is not our exclusive technology, and there are a number of brands who sell the same battery packs. Added packs MUST be 48V. Under healthy conditions, the battery is rated for 800 cycles. This could last 5 years or longer depending on use and storage/care of your battery.
Due to the drop-down frame style, this bike is a great fit for riders 5’4”-6’5”. We currently offer only one size and it does fit most (between the range listed) rider heights. The sizing is based on typical inseam length with a step-over height of 28".
The range is affected by a variety of factors; wind, surface, rider weight, tire pressure, bike tuning, surface grade, and by the amount of pedal assist. If you are 170lb rider using only the throttle without pedaling on a smooth surface with no headwind, you can expect a range of 30 miles, pedal assist high - 30 miles, pedal assist low - 60 miles.
We have a disconnect cable right along the chain stay, so the rear wheel with the motor can be taken off and serviced with the only added difficulty being the disconnection of the cable.
The bikes are not water-proof, they are water-resistant, rated IP-65. While we do not recommend leaving the bikes out in the rain or riding in the rain or other hazardous conditions due to personal safety, the bikes can handle water exposure.
The Ride1UP 500 series use a 52-cell arrangement of LG M26 18650 Lithium Ion batteries in a Reention Dorado 48V enclosure; the most widely available electric bike battery pack in the United States. It is lockable and removable and includes set of keys and a USB charger port. You can buy back-ups or replacements online at your own risk. Be sure to buy the right size and verify it is 48V. Failure to do so could cause severe damage.
ALL ORDERS WITH A CALIFORNIA SHIPPING ADDRESS WILL NEED TO REMIT SALES TAX BEFORE THEIR ORDER SHIPS.
*Riders must practice safety and wear a helmet when riding the bike. Max Speed & Mileage is not guaranteed and depends on rider weight & terrain. Distance obtainable when using SPAS.
- Color Option is for the Logo, not the Bike Frame
- Gold Logo Color: thumb throttle and faux leather grips
- Black Logo Color: with integrated twist throttle and rubber grips
- Rack & Fenders Not Included and are add'l cost
- Frame: 6061 Aluminum Alloy with internal protected & locked electronics
- Brakes: Tektro Aries Mechanical Disc with Electronic Motor Shutoff
- PAS Sensor: 12 Magnet Sensitive Cadence sensor
- Display: 0-9 Programmable Speed LCD w/Speedometer/Odometer
- Battery: 48V 13AH Reention Dorado ID Plus
- Battery charge time: 3-4 hours
- Range: 20-40 miles depending on rider weight, terrain, incline, level of assist, etc.
- Motor: Shengyi 48V 500w Geared Hub Powerful 750w (peak) 500W (sustained) geared motor with 52nm torque
- Throttle: Yes (Thumb = Gold model. Twist = Black model)
- Fork: Suntour XCT Suspension
- Derailleur: Shimano Acera RD-M3000
- Saddle: Selle Royal Freeway Plush Comfort
- Shifters: Shimano ACERA rapid-fire
- Gearing: 44T Chainring 11-28T Cassette
- Seat Post: 350mm Adjustable Angle Seat Post
- Stem: PROMAX MA-45 1 1/8” Fork, 90MM 10° ext, 25.4mm Bar Clamp
- Brakes: Tektro Aries Mechanical Disc Brakes with EABS- Electronic assisted brake shutoff (shuts off motor)
- Spokes: Steel, black 12G Rear, 13G Front
- Hubs: Joy tech 115mm
- Cassette: Shimano 7-Speed
- Freewheel: Shimano MF-TZ500-7,7-SPEED
- Tires: Kenda Kwick Seven.5 27.5"x2.2" (650b)
- Pedals: Wellgo Full alloy pedals set
- Integrated headlight controlled by display.
- Heavy duty kickstand (Alloy)
- Charger and cable.
- Set of keys for integrated battery.
- Height range: 5'4" - 6'4"
- Weight: 53 lbs
- Weight Capacity: 275 lbs (125 kg)
- Handlebar height: 42”
- Handlebar Reach: 12”
- Maximum seat height: 39”
- Minimum seat height: 31”
- Seat tube: 19”
- Stand-over height: 28.5”
- Total length: 72”
- Wheel base: 46”
- OWNER'S GUIDE CLICK HERE
- *Max Speed & Mileage is not guaranteed and depends on rider weight & terrain. Distance obtainable when using SPAS.
Ships 90% assembled. Assembly takes 10-30 minutes. Recommended knowledge of bicycle components to assemble safely. Bicycle is easy to assemble with basic bicycle knowledge, however, we strongly encourage having your bike professionally assembled. Warranty service is void if proof of professional assembly not provided.
Warranty: 1-year Warranty.
Warranty service is void if there is not proof that the bike was assembled or inspected by a bike mechanic prior to first use.
Learn more about the Ride1Up Warranty Policy.
30 Day Returns. Buyer pays return shipping. Learn more about the Ride1Up Return Policy.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Ride1Up 500 Series 48V Electric City Bicycle
I was comparing this to the catalina for casual crusing, but based on design and price I chose this one, glad I did. Such an awesome price point in comparison. Goes REALLY fast, accelerates fast too, I am smiling ear to ear, cya old bike haha
My first ebike experience, I can't even explain how cool the first ride is.. If you've never done it before its like riding on air, the bike feels weightless below you and it goes! I pedal sometimes if I want a workout, but great. Assembly was easy once i got things rolling. I have a bad back so i like how it sits upright.
so light, people told me ebikes suck because they are heavy, this isn't bad at all! This is def the future, so cool, love it. I feel like Marty McFly in back to the future riding it.