Every kid needs a bike, and the Invacare Top End Li'l Excelerator Handcycle is a stable, easy-to-maneuver solution that's safe for even the first time cyclist. With a reverse coaster brake allowing kids to easily stop, your child never has to let go of the cranks.
The Invacare® Top End® Li'l Excelerator Handcycle is sized for smaller riders and this upright style handcycle makes transfers in and out easy. The Li'l Excelerator Handcycle has a smooth & easy Shimano® shifter that lets you tackle hills or level terrain with equal ease and the 7-speed Shimano® hub with reverse braking means your hands never have to leave the pedals. The QuadGrips or tri-pin quad hand pedals are popular options and the mountain drive transmission option is great if you have low endurance or steep terrain to climb.
Totally adjustable, the Li'l Excelerator Handcycle features a simple fore-aft sliding seat, uncomplicated adjustable footrest system and a straightforward crank height adjustment with a fully adjustable chain tension idler so there is no need to add or remove chain links. Standard safety features include: Ergonomic hand pedals, reflectors, full chain guard, footrest safety straps, safety flag, cushion and seat restraint.
For kids between ages 5-15 or the smaller rider. The Li’l Excelerator will fit children and smaller riders 42" to 62".
If you want a specific color, a custom Li'l Excelerator Handcycle can be built to your specifications. Customization requires a few more days of production, but it is worth it for those with a preference on color.
Have questions? Check out the FAQs page for answers to most questions including a measurement guide.
- Standard - Royal Blue frame, 14" seat width
- 1 ¾" x .065 ovalized carbon steel tubing
- Adjustable seat: forwards and backwards
- Adjustable height/angle footrest system w/safety straps
- Turning Radius - 10 feet for 360° circle, 7 feet w/one backing maneuver
- Transfer Seat Height - (w/2" Cushion) 17.5”
- Sugino 155mm w/chainring, adjustable height w/Chain tension idler
- Shimano internal drum brake (coaster brake) and Chain, activated by pedaling backward
- Shimano 7 speed front hub w/internal hub brake and 7 speed twist shifter
- Parking brake
- Quick release axles
- Ovalized ergonomic hand pedals (upgrade options available)
- 9° camber
- Hook and loop positioning strap
- Nylon w/hoop and loop adjustable tension seat sling and fold-over seat back
- Adjustable crank height
- Full chain guard, reflectors and safety flag
- 20" Cruiser wheels and tires
- Product Weight: 45 lbs / Shipping Weight: 70 lbs.
- Shipped completely assembled except for rear wheels
- Weight Capacity: 250 lb.
- Product Brochure
- Spec Sheet
- Owner's Manual
- UPGRADE OPTIONS & ACCESSORIES PHOTOS
All specifications, prices, and product configurations are subject to change without notification. Accessories and seating products shown in the photographs are not necessarily included in the base price of handcycle.
Measuring for a recreation hand cycle is super easy because it is so adjustable.
Seat width: If you use a wheelchair for mobility, simply measure the seat width and order the same width for your handcycle. All of our handcycles all come with seat cushions that match the width of the seat.
CLICK HERE TO ENLARGE MEASURING GUIDE DIAGRAM.
Measure from the most posterior point of the body to the inside of the knee, minus at least two inches. Optimal contact between the legs and the seat increases stability for the body.
Measured from the seat base to the top of the chair back. Sport users need enough height for upper body support, yet low enough to allow the arms and trunk to rotate freely.
Rear Seat to Floor3
Measurement from the ground to the rear seat edge. Relative to the front seat-to-floor dimension, this determines the rearward slope ("dump" or "squeeze") of the seat. Sport chairs usually have more dump for extra upper body stability.
Determines how far the toes extend away from the body, measured from the horizontal. Sport users often use very tight angles to be able to rotate in the smallest possible space.
Front Seat to Floor5
Measure the leg from the back of the knee to the sole of the foot. Then subtract the thickness of the cushion when it is compressed. Next, add a minimum of two inches for footrest clearance. Do not add the footrest clearance if the chair will be foot-propelled.
Angle of the wheel relative to the vertical. More camber improves stability and agility, but also limits ability to pass through narrow spaces. A typical sport chair uses nine to twelve degrees of camber.
Determined by the widest point of the body from knee to hip, plus an inch to ensure room to move. Sport chairs are typically as narrow as possible to save weight which improves agility.
Measure from the inside of each leg rest tubing the distance or desired distance between leg rests.
Measure the angle of the back post to the floor. Ninety degrees will be perpendicular to the floor, to approximate the angle from the back post to the seat, subtract two degrees from measurement for every .5" of dump.
Center of Gravity10
Measure from the front of the seat back post to the center of the rear axle.
Seat to Footrest Length11
Measure from the edge of the seat upholstery to the top rear of the footrest.
Free Shipping! Most in-stock items ordered by 2PM Eastern Time ship within 2 weeks! Tracking information is provided upon shipment. Learn more about our Shipping Policy.
Handcycles: Handcycle shipment times vary significantly by product. Custom Invacare handcycles take approximately 3-5 weeks for delivery. The Lil' Excelerator usually takes 10 business days to build, then shipping/transit time is usually 2-5 business days. Most Fast Ship handcycles can be delivered within 2 weeks. All Fast Ship Handcycles are labeled as Fast Ship.
- All cycles over $500 will be shipped using the signature required option which will guarantee the product must be signed for and it will NOT be left at the delivery address if the recipient is not available to sign for it.
- By placing your order with Journeybikes.com for a cycle over $500 you agree to have the cycle shipped with the signature required at time of delivery.
- It is the customer's responsibility to be present at the time of delivery. JourneyBikes.com is not responsible for packages that have been left at the recipient’s door and consequently lost and/or stolen. We will file a lost claim with the carrier, however if they deny that claim we will not be able to make any reimbursements.
This chair ships fully assembled.
3 Year Limited Warranty
Learn more about the Warranty Policy.
This item is custom-made by the manufacturer to suit your specific needs and is therefore non-returnable. If you have questions about this item please feel free to give us a call. You can also visit our Return Policy page.