The Ride1UP 500w Series Electric Bike is designed to be an everyday long-distance rider and has a very upright and comfortable riding position. Due to the drop in the frame, it fits a wide range of rider sizes.
Excellent comfort and range, simple and sleek.
Front suspension. Also included Integrated headlight run off main battery, controlled by display. Battery is removable.
The 500 series uses a generic Reention Dorado battery integration system. This is not our exclusive technology, and there are a number of brands who sell the same battery packs. Added packs MUST be 48V. Our battery dimensions are 46.5cm x 6.5cm x 11.5cm. Under healthy conditions, the battery is rated for 800 cycles. This could last 5 years or longer depending on use and storage/care of your battery.
Due to the drop-down frame style, this bike is a great fit for riders 5’4”-6’5”. We currently offer only one size and it does fit most (between the range listed) rider heights. The sizing is based on typical inseam length with a step-over height of 28".
The range is affected by a variety of factors; wind, surface, rider weight, tire pressure, bike tuning, surface grade, and by the amount of pedal assist. If you are 170lb rider using only the throttle without pedaling on a smooth surface with no headwind, you can expect a range of 30 miles, pedal assist high - 30 miles, pedal assist low - 60 miles.
We have a disconnect cable right along the chain stay, so the rear wheel with the motor can be taken off and serviced with the only added difficulty being the disconnection of the cable.
The bikes are not water-proof, they are water-resistant, rated IP-65. While we do not recommend leaving the bikes out in the rain or riding in the rain or other hazardous conditions due to personal safety, the bikes can handle water exposure.
The Ride1UP 500 series use a 52-cell arrangement of LG M26 18650 Lithium Ion batteries in a Reention Dorado 48V enclosure; the most widely available electric bike battery pack in the United States. It is lockable and removable and includes set of keys and a USB charger port. You can buy back-ups or replacements online at your own risk. Be sure to buy the right size and verify it is 48V. Failure to do so could cause severe damage.
*Riders must practice safety and wear a helmet when riding the bike. Max Speed & Mileage is not guaranteed and depends on rider weight & terrain. Distance obtainable when using SPAS.
- Color Option is for the Logo, not the Bike Frame
- Gold Logo Color: thumb throttle and faux leather grips
- Black Logo Color: with integrated twist throttle and rubber grips
- Rack & Fenders Not Included and are add'l cost
- Frame: 6061 Aluminum Alloy
- Brakes: Tektro Mechanical alloy disc brakes
- PAS Sensor: Cadence sensor
- Battery: 48V10.4AH (52 LG M26 18650 Cells) frame integrated and lockable with a set of keys
- Battery charge time: 3-4 hours
- Motor: Bafang 48V BPM 500w
- Throttle: Yes (Thumb = Gold model. Twist = Black model)
- Fork: Suntour XCT Suspension
- Derailleur: Shimano ACERA
- Saddle: Selle Royal Plush A094D
- Shifters: Shimano ACERA rapid-fire
- Gearing Ratio: 14-28T rear cogs and 42T single front cog/chainring.
- Stem: PROMAX MA-45 25.4*28.6*ext 90MM 10°
- Brakes: Tektro Aries Mechanical Disc Brakes with EABS- Electronic assisted brake shutoff (shuts off motor)
- Spokes: Steel, black
- Hubs: Joy tech 115mm
- Headset: NECO H172H
- Freewheel: Shimano MF-TZ500-7,7-SPEED
- Tires: MTB tire: 27.5in x 2.1 Kenda - City tire: 28in x 1.75 Kenda
- Pedals: Full alloy pedals set
- Integrated headlight run off main battery, controlled by display.
- Heavy duty kickstand (Alloy)
- Charger and cable.
- Set of keys for integrated battery.
- Weight: 53 lbs
- Weight Capacity: 275 lbs (125 kg)
- Handlebar height: 42”
- Handlebar Reach: 16”
- Maximum seat height: 39”
- Minimum seat height: 31”
- Seat tube: 19”
- Stand-over height: 28.5”
- Total length: 72”
- Wheel base: 46”
- *Max Speed & Mileage is not guaranteed and depends on rider weight & terrain. Distance obtainable when using SPAS.
Most in-stock items ordered by 2PM Eastern Time ship within 24 hours (business days)! Tracking information is provided upon shipment. Learn more about our Shipping Policy.
- All E-bikes will be shipped using the signature required option which will guarantee the product must be signed for and it will NOT be left at the delivery address if the recipient is not available to sign for it. By placing your order with Journeybikes.com for an Electric Bicycle you agree to have the bicycle shipped with the signature required at time of delivery. It is the customer's responsibility to be present at the time of delivery. JourneyBikes.com is not responsible for packages that have been left at the recipient’s door and consequently lost and/or stolen. We will file a lost claim with the carrier, however if they deny that claim we will not be able to make any reimbursements.
Ships 90% assembled. Assembly takes 10-30 minutes. Recommended knowledge of bicycle components to assemble safely. Bicycle is easy to assemble with basic bicycle knowledge, however, we strongly encourage having your bike professionally assembled.
Warranty: 1-year Warranty.
Learn more about the Ride1Up Warranty Policy.
30 Day Returns. Buyer pays return shipping. Learn more about the Ride1Up Return Policy.