e-Bikes are just like regular bikes, but they come with a few extra electronic gadgets. Even though these bits and bobs require some more upkeep, it's not too tough to manage.
Please don't tamper with or disassemble the battery or motor any time other than when cleaning, since you might get injured and forfeit your warranty.
So how do you maintain your E-bike?
Here are some quick tips
1. Check your battery regularly.
Make sure to keep an eye on the level of charge in your battery, and don't let it fall too low. You can do this by checking the indicator lights on the battery itself. If you notice that the range of your electric bike is decreasing, it might be time for a new battery.
2. Keep the chain clean and lubricated.
Just like a regular bike, an E-bike's chain can get gunked up with dirt and grime over time. This can cause it to slip or even break, so make sure to wipe it down after every ride and lubricate it regularly.
3. Clean the rest of the E-bike as well.
Even though the motor does most of the work, it's important to keep the rest of your E-bike clean as well. Wipe down the frame and wheels after every ride, and give them a more thorough cleaning every week or so.
4. Check tire pressure often.
It's important to keep an eye on your E-bike's tire pressure, especially if you're riding on rough terrain. Low tire pressure can cause flats, so inflate your tires to the recommended level before every ride.
5. Store your E-bike properly.
When you're not riding, make sure to store your E-bike in a dry, sheltered place. If possible, avoid keeping it outside, since exposure to the elements can damage electronic components over time. By following these simple tips, you can keep your E-bike in good shape for years to come. Happy e-bike riding!
How to lubricate an E-bike chain?
1. First, you need to clean the chain with a degreaser. You don't want to apply fresh lube to a dirty chain because it will just attract more dirt and grime.
2. Next, apply the lubricant to the chain while pedalling backwards. You can use your hands or a brush to work it in between the links.
3. Wipe off any excess lubricant with a rag so that it doesn't attract dirt.
4. Pedal forwards a few times to make sure the lube is evenly distributed.
5. That's it! Your chain is now properly lubricated and ready for another ride.
How to check your tire pressures on an Ebike?
The first thing you need to do is find your E-bike's recommended tire pressure. This information can usually be found on the side of the tire or in the owner's manual. Once you know the ideal pressure, use a tire pressure gauge to check the current pressure of your tires. If they're low, use a bike pump to inflate them to the correct level. It's important to check your tire pressure often since even a small change can impact how your e-bike rides. Too much or too little pressure can cause flats or make it difficult to pedal, so keep an eye on your tires and inflate them as needed.
How to clean an e-bike frame?
1. Start by giving the frame a once-over with a damp cloth to remove any surface dirt and grime.
2. If there are any stubborn marks, you can use a mild soap and water solution to clean them off.
3. Once the frame is clean, dry it off with a second cloth or let it air dry.
4. That's it! Your electric bike frame is now clean and ready for another ride.